Thursday 26 July 2012

Run Gracie Run!!

Yes, a fob off of "Run Forrest Run"!!

I read an article the other day about another actor who was supposed to play Forrest Gump but now I can't find it and I can't remember who it was; so you'll just have to wait to know who it was... or google it.

Today, I went running. I did half an hour. I ran for 30 seconds and then walked for 2 minutes; which you're supposed to do 3 times a week. Then every week on a Thursday I believe the run time goes up by 15 seconds. So next week I will hopefully run 45 seconds and walk 2 minutes, but we shall see.


It is a Relief Society get together every Tuesday and Thursday (but I can't make Tuesday's) at 6pm at the Gateshead Chapel... in Gateshead, and anyone can go! Member of the church or not! You should ask me for the address.

We did some stretches, then jogged on. I was almost tempted to wear Adam's Danger Mouse tee that has 'Jog On' on the front of it, but I didn't. There were a group of 6 of us, all different ages and we were at all different stages which was good because we could just do our own thing whilst out on the jog.

Everyone was very supportive of everyone else and nobody got left behind, even when one girl hurt her knee! We managed to miss the rain as well which was brilliant!

After running we did a quick game of mini-netball with no rules, because there were only five of us; I think that tired me out more than the running!


I am going to keep a record of running every week when I go on a Thursday so I can tell how I have done. It will be interesting to see how long it takes me to run 30 minutes straight. At the end of my run today I ran 3 minutes 20 seconds straight which was really good! But, it has made me realise how unfit I am... crikey. I'll get there though.

But well done to all for tonight!!

1 comment: